Welcome to the Kettering Municipal Court and Clerk’s Office (KMC) website. KMC has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy for our website users. The following paragraphs disclose our information gathering practices. The privacy statement may change at any time; any changes will be posted on this page. Should you have any additional questions, comments or concerns please contact us:
Kettering Municipal Court Clerk’s Office
2325 Wilmington Pike
Kettering, Ohio 45420
You can reach us by telephone at: (937) 296-2461
Visitors should be aware that, subject to certain statutory exceptions, many documents and records maintained by the Kettering Municipal Court and Clerk’s Office, including but not limited to electronic data, are public records under Ohio law. Therefore, information submitted through this website may be subject to disclosure pursuant to a public records request.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND STORED AUTOMATICALLY
When you browse, read pages, or download information on ketteringmunicipalcourt.com, certain technical information about your visit is automatically gathered and stored. The information collected and stored about your visit is listed below:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser (e.g., Safari, Firefox, Netscape, Internet Explorer) and operating system (Macintosh, Unix, Windows) used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to the ketteringmunicipalcourt.com website from another website, the address of that website.
This information is only used to help make the site more useful for you. This data reveals the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits.
When you visit some websites, their web servers generate pieces of information known as cookies. Some cookies collect personal information to recognize your computer in the future. This is not the case at ketteringmunicipalcourt.com, where we only use non-persistent cookies or "per-session cookies." These cookies do not collect personal information on users and they are erased as soon as you leave our website.
Per-session cookies serve technical purposes like providing seamless navigation through ketteringmunicipalcourt.com. These cookies do not permanently record data and they are not stored on your computer's hard drive. Ketteringmunicipalcourt.com cookies are stored in memory and are only available during an active browser session. Again, once you close your browser, the cookies disappear.
ONLINE FORMS AND E-MAIL
Our site's registration forms require users to give us contact information (like name and email address), method of payment, and demographic information. We use customer contact information from the registration forms to send the user information about our events. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. Information regarding method of payment is collected for registration purposes only.
The Kettering Municipal Court and Clerk’s Office are concerned about protecting children's privacy and we therefore follow these guidelines:
THE CITY OF KETTERING DOES NOT:
- collect online information without prior parental consent or parental notification, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of the information and participation in the activity. Without prior parental consent, online information will only be used to respond directly to the child's request and will not be used for other purposes without prior parental consent.
- collect personally identifiable offline contact information without prior parental consent.
- distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information without prior parental, consent, unless required by law to do so.
- give the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information without parental consent.
- entice by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity.
The parent(s) or legal guardian of any child registered via the internet for any event or class will have full access to that child's personal information as provided to KMC and will have the option to delete that child's information or discontinue future collection or use of that information by KMC (without such information however, participation in the event or class may not be permitted). Any personal information provided by a parent or legal guardian for a child will be kept confidential and secured by KMC in compliance with applicable law.
DISCLAIMER OF ENDORSEMENT
The information posted on the ketteringmunicipalcourt.com website includes hypertext links to information created and maintained by other governmental or legal organizations. Ketteringmunicipalcourt.com provides these links solely for our user's information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the ketteringmunicipalcourt.com site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners of the outside website.
- KMC does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked governmental website.
- KMC does not endorse the governmental/legal organizations linked websites and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they may offer.
- KMC cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in government/legal linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked websites.
- KMC is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.